A ruptured disk pressed against Glenn Mangurian's spinal cord several years ago, leaving the lower half of his body permanently paralyzed. One minute, Mangurian was healthy and secure in his career as a management consultant; the next, his life was transformed and filled with uncertainty. The injury has taught him volumes about resilience and leadership. "Realizing What You're Made Of" by Glenn Mangurian seems to be a good book to buy , specially given the predicament that I in- being unemployed ,not having steady cashflow and struggling to keep my sanity level in balance !!
Sutha points me to a couple of nice pointers
- You can't know what will happen tomorrow-and it's better that way.
- You can't control what happens, just how you respond.
- Adversity distorts reality, but crystallizes the truth.
- Loss amplifies the value of what remains.
- It's easier to create new dreams than cling to broken ones.
- Your happiness is more important than righting injustices.